1. 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal – helps digestion.
2. 1 glass of water before going to bed – avoid stroke or heart attack. 3. 1 glass of water before taking a bath / shower – helps lower blood pressure. 4. Two glasses of water after waking up – health activate internal organs. 5. Penguins can swim but they cannot fly.
6. There are more chickens in the world than people. 7. To make 1 kilo of honey, bees have to visit 4 million flowers, travelling a distance equal to 4 times around the earth. 8. Ants don’t sleep.
9. Cornea in the eye is the only part of our body without a blood supply.
10. Japan is the most earthquake prone country. 11. Watermelon promotes weight loss. 12. 75% of the world’s diet is produced from just 12 plant and 5 different animal species.
13. Snakes can sense a coming earthquake from miles away km up to five days before it happens. 14. The water scorpion uses a snorkel – like tube on it’s abdomen to breathe underwater.
15. Deepest point on the earth is in the Pacific ocean. 16. The Antarctic ice fish lives in the water that is permanently below -1°C.
17. Crabs walk sideways.
18. Some fish can get stressed and sad. 19. Female uterus contains one of the strongest muscles of the human body. 20. A female uterus is normally about three inches long and 2 inches wide but can expand 20 times during pregnancy. 21. All women are born with ovaries, but some do not have functional uterus. This condition is called Mayer – Rokitansky syndrome.
22. Typhoid fever can be confirmed by widal test.
23. The Pasteur effect is the inhibiting effect of oxygen on the fermentation process.
24. The Iron pillar also known as Ashoka pillar, is 23 feet 8 inches high, 16 inches wide and weights over 6000 kg.
25. Zebra finches bird have magnetic sense in their eyes using Earth’s magnetic field for navigation.
26. Rainbow appears in sky during mild shower / near the fountains or falls where there are water droplets remain suspended in air.
27. Actually, the stars do not twinkle. They appear twinkling because of the movement of the atmospheric layers with varying refractive indices which is clearly seen in the night sky.
28. First digitally operated programmable robot called unimate.
29. Siamese (United) twins are the conjoined twins who are joined during birth.
30. The viviparous lemon shark gives birth to a young one, which still attached by it’s placental cord.