Guinness World Records, known from its inception in 1955 until 1999 as The Guinness Book of Records and in previous United States editions as The Guinness Book of World Records, is a reference book published annually, listing world records both of human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. Let’s look into 12 weirdest Guinness World Records of all time.
1) On July 28, 2013, 1,213 people broke a Guinness World Record by applying facial masks for 10 minutes at the same time in Taipei.
2) Chris “The Duchess” Walton is the current Guinness World Record holder for longest fingernails. Seen here in NYC back in 2011, her nails which she’s been growing for 18 years measured 10 feet 2 inches on her left hand and 9 feet 7 inches on her right at the time!
3) In February 2013, 4,483 people hula-hooped for seven minutes, setting the Guinness World Record for most number of people simultaneously hula-hooping. The event took place at the Thammasat University stadium on the outskirts of Bangkok.
4) The Guinness World Record for “Most spoons on a human body” belongs to Etibar Elchyev. He was in Tbilisi, Georgia in December 2011 when he won the title with 50 metal spoons magnetized to his body.
5) China’s Jin Songhao set the Guinness World Record for the longest time spent in direct full body contact with snow in January 2011. His time was 46 minutes and seven seconds!
6) 52 chefs set the world record in February 2013 for the world’s largest Cantonese fried rice in Costa Rica. It served over 7,000 people and weighed almost 3,000 pounds!
7) Milan Roskopf of Slovakia broke his own previous world record in June 2009 by juggling three motor saws 62 successful times in a row. His previous record was 35.
8) These thrill-seekers still hold the record for most naked riders on a theme park ride with 102 riders in Southeast England on August 8, 2010.
9) In Northern England, Pete Glazebrook looks lovingly at his prize-winning onion which weighed a stunning 17 pounds. It’s the Guinness World Record holder for heaviest onion and has held the title since September 2011.
10) Beekeeper She Ping in China covered his body with 331,000 bees (or 73 pounds) in April 2012 to break the previous record of 59 pounds of bees.
11) To set a brand new Guinness World Record for “the largest jigsaw made of tents,” 900 tents were placed on a beach in Qingdao, Shandong province in China in October 2012 to form a Chinese dragon.
12) Japanese fashion designer Kazuhiro Watanabe currently holds the Guinness World Record for “tallest mohawk” at 3 feet and 8.6 inches tall. He entered the Guinness World Records in September 2012.