Visiting hilly areas and living the beauty of that place is another kind of joy. Just like is this place Sikkim, located in the foothills of the Himalayas and the beauty of Sikkim is breathtaking. Sikkim is the second smallest state in the country tucked away in the lap of Himalayas. Sikkim is known as the gateway to the North-Eastern corridor to India and it also boosts its enhancing beauty of it by presenting you a list of amazing places to visit and to do adventurous sports too.
Lets have a look at some of the prominent places of Sikkim –
- GANGTOK – Resisting the charm and beautiful appeal of Gangtok is impossible for everyone. You just can’t say no to the beautiful biodiversity there that just mesmerizes your eyes and you just keep looking at it. The capital city of Gangtok is tucked in the Eastern Himalayas and is one of the kaleidoscopic tourist destinations in the list of the state.
Gangtok offers you a series of packages that include looking for lush green forests, serene beauty, rivers, nature that keeps you up with your health and mental peace and it offers you adventurous sports as well like river rafting, cable car rides, mountain biking and more.
2. YUKSOM – Yuksom is located in the western parts of Sikkim and is known as the origin of amazing and enthralling treks of Himalaya or the magical Kanchenjunga. This place is known more for its divine and serene beauty and natural appeal. This was once the capital of Sikkim.
This place is the home to the oldest monastery in Sikkim and is one of the most serene and peaceful places in Sikkim to visit. This place is also known as the ‘Meeting place of Three Lamas’, and and is a great place to visit.
3. PELLING – Pelling is place of seeing the most beautiful views of Himalayas and the Kanchenjunga Peak and can experience best of time time in Sikkim.
Climate in Pelling is moderate throughout the year and is located at a height of 7,200ft above the sea. You will experience several waterfalls, adventure sports like mountain biking, river rafting, trekking and more, breathtaking views, and of course the natural and divine beauty.
4. TSOMGO LAKE – While visiting Gangtok do not miss a chance to visit Tsomgo lake. It is also known as Changu lake and is located 38kms from the capital of Sikkim that is Gangtok. It is situated at the an altitude of 12,400ft and is one of the highest lakes in India.
In summer this lake brings a magical charm and appeal to Tsomgo and the visitors and adds to the beauty of the lake and in winters this lake remains frozen. In summers it reflects the amazing views of the sky and the peaks.
5. NAMCHI – When translated in native Tibetan language, Namchi means the ‘Top of the Sky’ and when you will visit this city this name will be justified. It is located around 92km from the capital Gangtok and at a height of 1,675m above the sea level and has been proved as the one of the most glorious and gorgeous city in the state.
It is considered as pilgrimage centre for Buddhists more than a tourist spot. Namchi Monastery, Tendong Hill and Ralong Monasteries are the predominant among the important religious sites. This place also has 108ft Lord Shiva statue and is visited by a large number of Hindu devotees as well.
THANKS FOR READING…