While there is no denying that the world loves a winner. It is important that you recognise the signs of stress in your behaviour, and be healthy to enjoy your success.
Firstly, let me tell you what is stress? What does it mean? Stress is a physical or emotional response the body of the person has when changes occur in their daily life. When we hear the word ”stress” then automatically one thing comes in our mind that the person is suffering from something bad in their life. Stress can be caused from anything like work, relationships, money, illness and family issues etc. Mainly at this time, when the whole country is suffering from Covid-19, it is found that the stress rate has increased very much because of many financial problems, health- related problems and the sudden deaths of their loved ones.
Stress can strike anytime, in a fashion that may leave you unaware of its presence in your life. While a certain amount of pressure is necessary for performance, it is important to be able to recognise your individual threshold. For instance, there are some individuals who accept competition in a healthy fashion. There are others who collapse into weeping wrecks before an exam, or on comparing marksheets and finding that their friend has scored better. Whenever there is a change in external environment such as temperature, pollutants, humidity and working conditions, it leads to stress. In these days of competition when a person makes up his mind to surpass what has been achieved by others, leading to an imbalance between demands and resources, it causes psycho-social stress. It is a part and parcel of everyday life.
DIFFERENT MEANINGS OF STRESS DEPENDING ON THE STAGE OF LIFE-
1- FOR A CHILD- The loss of a toy or a reprimand(scold) from the parents might create a stress shock in a child.
2- FOR AN ADOLESCENT- An adolescent who fails an examination may feel as if everything has been lost and life has no further meaning.
3- FOR AN ADULT- In an adult, the loss of his or her companion, job or professional failure, may appear as if there is nothing more to be achieved.
SIGNS OF STRESS THAT APPEAR IN AN INDIVIDUAL-
Such signs appear in the attitude and behaviour of the individual, as muscle tension in various parts of the body, high blood pressure, indigestion and hyperacidity and ultimately in self destructive behaviour such as eating and drinking too much, smoking excessively, trembling, shaking, nervous blinking, dryness of throat and mouth and difficulty in swallowing. The professional under stress behaves as if he is a perfectionist followed by depression, lethargy, weakness for further work. Periodic mood shifts also indicate the stress status of students, executives and professionals.
SOME WAYS TO PREVENT STRESS-
- The best technique is self inner control. This arises by having faith in oneself, on the usefulness of the job he is doing and on any superpower who would deliver the result of effort made.
- Do exercise and meditation daily. This is the best way to cope up with stress and negativity.
- Eating right at the right time also prevents stress and various diseases.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours to fight with stress and you will feel more energetic and determined.
- Massage from Naturopathy, food supplements and herbs from herbal medicine helps in curing stress.
- Develop new hobbies like dancing, singing, painting and if you have already then practice it daily.
- Talk with your parents about your problems, share with them, they will definitely have a solution and it helps you to manage with stress.
- Avoid bad habits like smoking, drinking, drugs and all those things that affect your health
- Watch TV, movies, shows of your choice, listen to news that helps you gain knowledge about various things and develops interest.
- Surround yourself with good people who give you positive vibes, who gives you peace and happiness. Cut off yourself from negative people who are the reason of your stress.
Stress is very harmful for your health resulting to various diseases and health related problems. It is very important to deal with stress and the ways of dealing it are very easy, everyone can practice it. If you find even a very small or acute symptom or sign of stress, do not take it lightly instead start doing exercise or anything that will prevent it. You can always start early and develop new and good habits. Especially at this time of pandemic, people are dealing with so much problems and stress that they surely need a therapy. Stress is a major problem and if not cured with proper time, it can lead to very serious damages even harming your life. So take good care of yourself, surround yourself with positivity and good people having good thoughts.
As it is always said, ” PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ”.