The Government of India began the Digital India initiative to ensure that residents can access government services electronically through enhanced online infrastructure and increased Internet connectivity, or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology. Rural communities will be connected to high-speed internet networks as part of the effort. The construction of a safe and robust digital infrastructure, the delivery of government services online, and universal digital literacy are the three main components of Digital India. BharatNet, Make in India, Startup India, and Standup India, industrial corridors, Bharatmala, Sagarmala, dedicated freight corridors, UDAN-RCS, and E-Kranti were all launched on July 1, 2015, by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
In this article, let’s see the advantages of the Digital India Campaign.
Benefits of Digital India
- Removal of the black economy all internet transactions can be easily monitored, and every payment made by a customer to any business will be logged, ensuring that no unlawful transactions occur and that people cannot hide their money. The government can effectively evict the underground economy by prohibiting cash-based transactions and requiring solely digital payments.
- Payment without cash you won’t need to hold cash if you use cashless payment. Cash theft will be reduced, and when you make an online payment, all of your payments will be saved in the Record Bank. Customers can still get discounts on cashless payments and cashback through apps like Paytm, Phone Pe, and Freecharge. There are also shopping websites such as Flipkart and Amazon that offer discounts when making online bank payments.
- Revenues Increasing another significant benefit of digital India is that as transactions become more digitized, monitoring sales and taxes becomes much easier. Because transactions are recorded, customers will now receive a bill for each purchase they make, and merchants will no longer be able to avoid paying tax to the government, resulting in increased government revenue – and thus growth of the economy.
- The Economy has improved Digital India has made the most significant contribution to India’s Internet connectivity. The cashless economy is completely reliant on the Internet, allowing all types of information to be received solely through the Internet; the Digital India program will also considerably boost the country’s economy.
- New jobs are being created there have been several ways to expand job opportunities in new markets as well as increase employment prospects in existing markets as a result of the Digital India program. New markets have begun hiring individuals, thereby raising the employment rate.
- Establishes a foundation for e-governance. E-government is a great advantage for all citizens since it is easier, faster, and safer than traditional governance. With e-governance, you can now receive anything from a birth certificate to a death certificate in seconds, making it handy for individuals to get the information they need on the go.
- People’s empowerment is a term used to describe the process of empowering people. One of the most significant benefits of Digital India is that it empowers citizens. When payments go digital, everyone will need a bank account, a phone, and other electronic devices. The government may quickly send subsidies to people’s Aadhaar-linked bank accounts in this way. In other words, people no longer have to wait for the government to provide them with the incentives and subsidies that they are entitled to. In most cities, this feature is already in place. The government provides LPG subsidies to the general public as an example of this feature. These days, the payment of the subsidy is done through bank transfers.