Digital Detoxification is a practice to limit the use of technology. Digital Detox helps us to enhance the quality of our lives. It is a way to stop the constant urge to use social media.
Do we really need Digital detox?
Our lives are filled with technology. According to a study we give about 2.5 hours daily on social media. But some take it too further than this.
Here is the list to check if you need a Digital Detox.
- Use social media late night instead of sleeping;
- Get stressed, anxious, and irritated without social media;
- Think about social media even after using cell phone;
- Check likes, shares, comments constantly.
If yes, then you need Digital Detox.
Benefits of Digital Detox
1. Keep your life balanced.
According to Ayurveda a balanced mind, body, and life is key to all round health.
2. Sleep benefits
The health of a person can be judged by his sleeping pattern. If you have irregular sleep and insomnia then your body might have some underlying problems. Using digital detox helps you sleep peacefully.
3. Time for Family and friends
Time spent with family and friends boost your Psychological health. Digital detox helps you to focus on your life. This gives you emotional wellbeing.
4. Embracing reality
The contemporary world is virtually oriented. People spend time getting perfect selfies, try to maintain a hectic online presence, and feel insecure about themselves. Same cycle again and again.
Digital detox will give you inspiration, boost your creativity, and give you true values of life.
5. Look younger
A study shows that people who spend more time on screen age faster than others. Looking at the screen gives your skin wrinkles and lines. Digital detox helps you look fresh and young.
How to Digital Detox
Here are 10 useful tips that you can do to Detox digitally:
1. Keep away from your cell phone for a minimum of 5 hours. You can increase as you like.
2. Keep away from distractions such as Netflix, gaming, other digital products.
3. Read a book during disconnection. Write a journal about how you feel during this time. You will be amazed that in a month your health has progressed.
4. Go out. Embrace nature. Do some activity that connects you to nature such as gardening, walking on beaches, swimming, or cycling in the morning.
5. Play with your pets. This is the best time to bond with your pets.
6. Do volunteering. Give your hand to a person in need. Everything that goes around comes around.
7. Spend time with your family.
8. Declutter your house.
9. Use cell phones ONLY when necessary. If you really need your cell phone, you may use it. Make sure you don’t exceed your time limit.
10. Practice your hobby and master it. Remove negative self with Digital Detox.
Do these 10 simple Digital Detox techniques every week. You will be surprised with the productivity and efficiency you see in your life and work.