Winter is the coldest season of the year in some parts of the northern and southern hemisphere, this season is characterized by falling snow and freezing cold temperatures, usually exacerbated by strong winds,… The sun comes out very late on winter mornings and when it does is not hot.
- Winter is the coldest season which starts in the month of December and last till mid of March.
- After autumn season winter season arrives, mainly due to the orientation in the axis of earth away from the sun.
- December and January are the coldest months of winter season.
- Winter season have temperature dropping of 3 degree to 5 degree in night in northwest region.
- During this season high speed of cold wings blows from north region in peak months.
- Winter seasons leads to the formation of thick fog because air is cooled to the fog droplets sue to low temperature.
- During winter season, nights become long and day becomes of shorter duration.
- Winter season is an ideal season for tours and travels to hilly region.
- It is the season of healthy fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- This season comprises of snowfall, winter storms, old rains, frost, fogs, and very low temperature most of the time.
Major festivals like Deepawali, Makar Sankranti, and Republic day fall in winter season. People enjoy many activities in hilly areas like ice skating, skiing, ice hockey, etc… Winter season gives relief from heat and humidity after long summer. Many people plan vacation and adventurous trips to tourist places during winter season.
Various beautiful birds like Siberian cranes and blue throat migrate to India during winter season. Rain during winter season has disadvantages too as it destroys crops, vegetables and fruits. Day during winters are pleasant because of the low heat intensity of sun. Excess cold during winter season also brings a period of discomfort to old and poor people.
I personally love winter season. This season brings a lot of happiness to all of us. All people get the chance to eat fresh fruits, vegetables and more. Apart from all of this things lots of flowers bloom during this winter season.
The season are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer(June, July, August), Autumn( September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February) .
Antarctica is certainly the coldest country in the world , with temperature sinking as low as -67.3 degree celsius.
Yakutsk, Russia – The capital city of the vast (1.2 million square miles). Siberian region known as the Sakha Republic, Yakutsk is widely identified as the world’s coldest city. ” No other place on the Earth experiences this temperature extreme”.
Under the koppen climate classification , Harbin features a monsoon-influenced , humid continental climate (Dwa). Due to the Siberian high and its location above 45 degree north latitude, the city is known for its cold weather and ong winter.
The coldest place in India. Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh’ . Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
Leh, no doubt, Leh is one of the coldest places to visit in India. Perched in the newly formed Union Territory of Ladakh, the temperature is known to drop to as less as -13 degrees celsius!.
INTRESTING ABOUT WINTER- Delhi is the city which is coldest in December one
Delhi, which is shivering under on intense spell of cold wave for two weeks, experienced its coldest recorded December day on Monday, with the maximum temperature being at just 9.4 degrees celsius, the IMD announced.
” WINTER FORMS OUR CHARACTER AND BRINGS OUT OUR BEST ” .