If you are a BA student and confused about what to do after graduation, don’t worry we have sorted out some career paths that you can choose after getting a bachelor’s degree in BA programme.
As we all know BA is one of the most popular undergraduate course among students specially humanities students. This three year course allows you to study a combination of subjects ranging from English, Hindi, Economics to History, political science and philosophy. Due to variety of subjects it opens up many job opportunities. Following are the most popular career paths after doing BA:
- Post Graduation in courses like B.Ed. or M.A. (in a specific subject).
After M.A in Education, candidates are eligible for PGT jobs, elementary and secondary teaching jobs in private and government schools. After qualifying NET/SET in education, candidates are also eligible for university level teaching jobs in private and government institutions while obtaining a degree of B.Ed. only provides an opportunity to be a teacher in a government or private school.
2. MBA (Masters in Business Administration) is another sought after course after a degree in BA programme where upon completion, candidates are offered jobs in private/ government financial institutes. In an MBA program, you’ll learn about solving business problems, which would allow you to become a competent manager. You need to give the Common Admission Test (CAT) to apply for MBA degrees in numerous colleges and universities. Your CAT Score determines which colleges you can enter. Students of every stream are eligible for this course. This job pays handsome amount of money. Average salary of a MBA graduate is 5-10 LPA.
3. Civil Services Examination, Bank PO Exams, NDA Exams – After completing graduation, students are eligible to apply for civil service examinations and Bank PO exams. They can apply in Union public service communication for posts like IPS, IAS, IFS, Indian defense service. Jobs in public sector banking system is another good option. As these jobs provide job security.
4. Computer Courses– A B.A. graduate can pursue many certifications like web designing, animations, coral draw etc. to get a job/profession in the media industry in fields like web and graphics designing. This field is becoming broader with the rise of social media platform and inclusion of AI. It is almost certain that this field will provide a large number of jobs in near future.
5. Law – Students who have studied English, Hindi, Political Science as subjects can pursue law as a career. The program imparts extensive knowledge on topics like Jurisprudence, Environment Laws, Arbitration, Law of Insurance, Consumer Protection Act. Upon completing the course, one can either pursue LLB, start practice after registering oneself with the respective councils or can work in government or private sectors.
6. Master of Fine Arts is another sought after course for ones who are inclined towards artistic endeavors. Some of the prominent specialization offered under master’s level design programmes are: Industrial design, design computing, architectural design, fashion and textile design, shoe designing, leather designing, graphic designing, house design etc. After completion of the course, one can practice as a designer in the field of specialization in the private/government sector.